The Fine Motor/Handwriting group is a tailored program to assist children in developing their overall hand and finger strength, seated posture, drawing and handwriting skills, pencil grasps, core and shoulder stability.
Aims of Group:
- To help children develop basic fine motor skills through play and activity participation.
- To develop areas of children’s physical strength that will promote good handwriting e.g. shoulder stability and core strength.
- To practice handwriting and teach children handwriting basics such as letter formation and neatness.
- To show children posture, positioning and pencil grips.
- To provide parents with strategies to use at home to complement the therapy sessions.
- Skills to write
- Motivation and Exploration of Letters
- Accuracy and Letter Formation
- Speed and Flow